WHY ARE SATELLITES NECESSARY IN COMMUNICATION
As we know today, that satellites are objects in space that orbits or circles around bigger objects. For example, the moon can also be said to be a satellite because it orbits the earth. The earth is also another example of a satellite because it orbits the sun. But we’d be talking about satellite in broadcasting which I’m sure not everyone knows much about.
Firstly, what does satellite in broadcasting means? It’s the transmission of television or radio program from an artificial satellite at a power suitable for direct reception in the home.
WHAT ARE ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES
Artificial satellites are human-built objects orbiting the earth and other planets in the solar system.
TYPES OF ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES
There are various types of artificial satellites, but we’d be looking at a few
- Weather satellites
They help meteorologists predict the weather or see what’s happening at that moment.
- Communication satellites
They allow telephone and data conversions to be relayed through the satellite. Above all, satellites have been used to broadcast news, sports, concerts and other programming live events.
ADVANTAGES OF COMMUNICATION SATELLITES
- A mobile communication can be easily achieved by satellite communication because of its flexibility in interconnecting mobile vehicles.
- Circuits for the satellite can be installed rapidly when the satellite is in position. Above all, earth station can then be installed and communication finally may be established within some days or even hours.
- As compared to fibre cable, the satellite communication has the advantage of the quality of transmitted signals and the location of Earth Stations. In summary, the sending and receiving information is independent of distance.
DISADVANTAGES OF COMMUNICATION SATELLITES
- File transfer and efficiency in data transmission which is carried out over the satellite is being reduced due to time delay.
- High atmosphere losses above 30 GHz, thereby limiting the carrier frequency.
IMPORTANCE OF SATELLITE IN COMMUNICATION
Although some networks can be costly to deploy in some remote areas. Above all, mobile satellite service is said to be the most affordable communication technology over existing satellite platforms.
- CONNECTING REMOTE ASSETS
Lastly, Business operations that extend to geographical remote environments depend on satellites to provide the critical communication means to conduct remote facility.
In summary, Satellites are necessary in communications because they help spread information in the shortest period for hundreds of kilometers. This method of communication is easier and more cost effective than a cable connection, because satellite covers huge territory faster. Satellite looks like a very high TV mast, which is located 36,000 km up into space.